Sunday, September 16, 2007

stay alive

gone through the first phases of editing "Give it all away" video. first choosing the  materials from almost 11 hours of footage which was shot in Guguletu and Mbekweni Townships of South Africa. closed that to 2 hours or so and started editing, compositing and putting the story together. haven't left the Lightcraft studio for three days and nights but finally the editing is done and it really looks amazing. now Lukasz will start his magic : the online process which is going to take it to a new level.
It feels like back in africa. the shots are so real that it takes me back there to those people and places. I'm glad that through this vid I'll be able to share this beautiful experiences with you. no acting, fucking posing or crap like that. real life, real pain, real love. never done anything like this before but have to say that the truth is always the heaviest emotion. it was like going back to the roots. performing in the streets, houses. being among people and having to defend all I believe in and all that I am. this action reminds me of our polish Nie bylo episode - visiting fans all over the country in their homes to shoot a video. going from city to city and breaking this line between artists and listeners. it changed me and hope it gave them something too. still remember those days, faces and words we said./thank you all/
In africa Teba and Zukile opened these magic doors for me and took me for a rough ride through the ghetto world. I miss you guys very much. hope that the evidence of purity of our action is just cooking.
let's deliver the "cyber crime"
my home is where I sleep. you know...

STAY ALIVE

Teba:

 
Intro
Yo! rapapampam Rasta na promote nonastyness
All Rastaman uno better eh!
Rapapampam Rasta na promote no badness
All artist uno better rise to the top
Bambam Rasta na promote no nastyness
All politicians uno better step one side
Bambam rudeboy na promote no badness
All artist uno better rise to the top
 

my home is where I sleep
put the head on a bed put it on the bricks son
down down with the dirt the under dog without a shelter
I'm standing out there in the fire 
I feed my love my hope, desire (oh)
still alive after all these years
seek the cancer in my head
I spit in eyes of the killers and liars
political whores
 I can't deny it no
hate kills and pushes me ahead
need a blessing to aim at their heads now

I need your love to keep on fighting
to stay alive and breath 
I need your love to keep on breathing
just keep on breathing
breath for me

what an angry son
tell'em motherfucker when it all began
hard case when we stand against
broken flowers with the bullets in their heads now
blind millions scream and yell
dirty motherfuckers that rule this game
look down at this fucking world where 
people got mad and there is no god

no land no promised land
cheap thrills and stinking hands
eyes blue, what happened to you
who shot you down baby    

I need your love to keep on fighting
to stay alive and breath 
I need your love to keep on breathing
just keep on breathing
breath for me

to keep on fighting
breathe
to keep on breathing
breath


when you leave I'm broken and bleeding
heart can't stop and wounds still bleeding
where did you go
oh
did you know

I accept myself with this chaos burning in my head
cherish beauty kiss my anger
shelter weakness feed the hunger
of my senses inner world traces
take me to those childhood places
I'm your son on his own
feel your wounds and mean no harm
don't ask me when it all began
endless painful bloody run
givin it all 
sharin it all with people I love


I'll fight this fight for you
I'll fight and die for you
I'll cross the line for you
Stand on the edge for you
I'll drown in tears for you
I'll fight my fears and stand by you 

bleedin
burnin
explodin
demandin

some justice
give'em some justice
power to the people 
and give'em some justice

Teba:

Consciousness musically uno get that yes man trust we
a bomboklat dead uno try fe test we
 
Pon the earth breath brings wealth
Death brings birth and birth leads to death
So use your breath and maths fe your wealth
From north Sweet Noise ina the south x2
 
There pon the street raise up uno feast
We take it from the west and fix ina east
Some times life is like a beast
So listen to me now consciousness pon me lips
Ah we na ease revolution pon least
So inhale you coulda have a meal
InI fight na hide ina the kist
Under the sun there's love ina the the mist
 
Oxygen ina yor lungs now ina your lungs
Ah we na fraid fe the pounds now fe the pounds
Good use pon your funds now pon your pounds
Poor youth never be thugs now never be thugs
Yes I yes I don't know yes I yes I yes I don't you know yes I
 
It's consciousness every time seen!


P.S. don't fight. think and be together as one. treat art as a tool 'cos it ain't no politics but sure it is a weapon.

1 comment:

Mi said...

ten tekst jest magiczny dla mnie... az boli...